I thought of trying pasta in desi style as I don’t like pasta cooking in white sauce or any other non desi style.This was running in to mind for a long while and I was amazed to see how everyone like pasta as its having a blend taste.One day when is was thinking about the paruppu sevai then immediately a spark came and thought why not to try pasta in the paruppu sevai style.First I was hesitant and then finally thought to proceed with it.Then also tried inducing color bell peppers and it gave a nice color to the pasta.The result was a yummy pasta and now slowly started liking pasta.As usual when I started cooking and started taking photos I was having enough sunlight but later in the end when is was busy with my final photos as ever it became cloudy.So you can see the color difference between first and final photos.So don’t get confused.
|Toor dall||1/2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
To Grind Coarsely :
|Color capsicum||1no (medium sized)|
|Green chillies||2-3 nos|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
1. Cook dall in a cooker and keep seperately.
2. Cook pasta as per the instructions given on the back side of the pack.
3. In a wok do the seasoning and add cooked dal,salt and 1 fistfull of cilantro(I was running out of stock) and saute for few min’s.
4. Now add the ground capsicum to the wok and saute till the water is absorbed.
5. Now add the cooked pasta.
6. Mix well till the dall is coated on the pasta nicely and then garnish with remaining cilantro.
7. Now serve hot.I served with tomato sauce.
1.Adding color capsicum is purely optional,but do grind the green chillies alone if not using capsicum.
2.I used shell pasta.
3. Can add even green chillie paste.
4. Can even add lemon juice at the end and give a quick mix.